2011 Hometown Heroes honored last night
Last night the Greater Grand Forks Convention & Visitors Bureau hosted our annual Hometown Heroes Awards Celebration. This gives the CVB team an opportunity to recognize and honor all the hardworking individuals and organizations we work with year after year. Without them we would not have as many visitors traveling to Grand Forks
nor would we have so many events.
The following individuals ann organizations were honored:
- Cheri Reitmeier (Canad Inns, Farmer’s Market and Blues on the Red) – Tourism Contributor of the Year
- Rick Defea (Road King Inn) – Hospitality Person of the Year
- River Cities Speedway (Monica Evavold) – Organization of the Year
- Kelly Rotar (Special Olympics of ND) – Event Organizer of the Year
- UND Writers Conference (Dr. Crystal Alberts) – Event of the Year
The event was great fun even with the threat of a winter storm, which didn’t hit Grand Forks. It was held at the historic Empire Arts Center with catering from Al’s Grill. Their tips and toast, queso dip, wraps and walleye fingers were a hit.
The most eye-catching part of the event though had to be the stage, erected by HB Sound & Light. They did a fabulous job of taking our “70′s Celebration” theme and bringing it to life!
Check out some of the highlights with this short video!
Be on the lookout for information about next year’s event, which will take place in March.