Cool kid stuff
“I’m bored.” Have you recently heard those two words every parent and babysitter dreads? No worries; Greater Grand Forks has lots of options to entertain kids.
For outdoor cold weather fun, try cross country skiing and sledding either on the Greenway or just 22 short miles west at Turtle River State Park. Sometimes simply strapping on some ice skates or building the biggest and best snowman ever in one of our beautiful local parks, followed by a cup of hot chocolate, is better than any event that requires admission.
When the temps dip below the freezing mark, just head inside! The Canad Inns Destination Center features a tropical themed water park and mega arcade for both guests and non-guests. Likewise, Choice Health & Fitness facility offers an amazing water park and pool area, in addition to basketball and tennis courts. Pay a visit to Scheels Sports in Columbia Mall for some rollerball or bubble hockey; plus, fudge or ice cream afterward in their café. First Season Community Center has indoor playground equipment and other fun things to occupy the day, while kids can jump for joy at Northern Air Family Fun Center, complete with a trampoline park, inflatables and laser tag. The whole family will want to explore the Cabela’s store in East Grand Forks. It features a 10,000 gallon aquarium filled with indigenous fish, a trout stream and many wild game mounts. Right across the street from Cabela’s is River Cinema, a 15-plex movie theater that will soon have brand new recliner seating. For an age-old fun leisure activity, take the gang to either Red Ray Lanes or East Grand Lanes bowling alleys and knock down some pins.
Whether it’s just out your back door or at one of the biggest water parks in the region, Grand Forks and East Grand Forks give you plenty of options when trying to keep the little ones busy! For more information on these and many other activities and events, simply log on to www.visitgrandforks.com or download the Grand Forks App at Google Play or the App Store.
- Cabela’s: 210 DeMers Ave NW; 218-773-0282; www.cabelas.com/stores/Minnesota/East_Grand_Forks/005.jsp
- Canad Inns Destination Center: 1000 S 42nd St; 701-772-8404; www.canadinns.com/stay/grand-forks/home
- Choice Health & Fitness: 4401 S 11th St; 701-746-2790; www.choicehf.com
- East Grand Lanes: 1500 5th Ave NE; 218-773-3477; www.eastgrandlanes.com
- EGF Park District: 218-773-8000; www.egfparkandrec.com
- First Season Community Center: 1122 7th Ave S; 701-746-2763; www.gfparks.org/parks-facilities/first-season
- GF Park District: 701-746-2750; www.gfparks.org
- Northern Air Family Fun Center: 1600 32nd Ave S; 701-757-4386; www.northernairffc.com
- Red Ray Lanes: 2105 S Washington St; 701-775-0663; www.facebook.com/redraylanes
- Scheels Sports: 2800 S Columbia Rd; 701-780-9424; www.facebook.com/grandforksscheels