You know the saying: If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Well, that definitely does NOT apply to all the amazing complimentary services the Greater Grand Forks Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) provides to tournaments, conferences and conventions being held in our cities!
Skilled and professional CVB staff are ready to guide and assist organizers through the whole process of planning and executing a successful event. From finding the ideal venue and helping with bid preparation to securing room blocks and servicing your attendees while here…all our services are top-notch and FREE of charge.
Here’s a partial listing of just what the CVB can do for you:
- BID PREPARATION & PRESENTATION: Our sales staff will prepare and present formal bid proposals for conventions and sporting events. Staff will also coordinate and host site visits.
- HOSPITALITY PACKETS: We offer information for registration packets, including a hospitality bag, Greater Grand Forks Visitors Guide, Visitor Bargain Brochure and others. [Value = $17/100 packets]
- REGISTRATION ASSISTANCE: Highly qualified personnel can assist with convention registration. [Value = $12/hour + laptop 7 printer = $50/day]
- HOUSING: We will assist in coordinating housing needs by setting up room blocks at local hotels. [Value = $12/hour staff time]
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/PUBLICITY: We can supply a contact list of local and regional media and help distribute news releases, along with pre-event promotion email blasts and social media posts. [Value = $15/hour staff time + $250/e-blast]
- VIP GIFTS: Based on event size, the CVB may be able to provide gift boxes/coolers for your event VIPs. These typically include popular locally-made food and beverage items, along with a variety of accompaniments. [Value = $30/box]
- EVENT PLANNER TOOL: This valuable feature allows your event attendees to register and/or pay online for your convention, conference or sporting event. [Value = $2,000 + 4% of total credit card fees]
- EQUIPMENT: We offer the use of our LCD projector, WiFi hot spot, battery charger, portable PA system with microphone, bullhorn and inflatable arch. [Value = $50/day/piece of equipment]
- SNACK BAGS OR CONCESSION VOUCHERS: The CVB team will provide snack bags or concession stand vouchers for youth events and tournaments.
- WELCOME BANNERS/SIGNATE/EMAIL BLASTS/SOCIAL MEDIA: Events will receive a welcome banner and signs which may be displayed at the host facility, as well as welcome signage to hotels. Email blasts and social media posts (Facebook and Twitter) can also be produced. [Value = $20/banner + signage]
- NAME BADGES: We will provide printed name badges with holders, as well as bag tags. [Value = $150/100 name badges or bag tags]
For a complete list of all our can-dos for you, please go to https://www.visitgrandforks.com/complimentary-products-services.
Seeking financial assistance for your event? The CVB can also help you apply for funding by providing grant applications and criteria. Two types of grants are available: Event Marketing (focused on non-local audience development through advertising efforts) and Convention & Athletic Tournament Hospitality (hospitality services geared toward welcoming attendees/participants to Greater Grand Forks). If you would like further details and/or forms, please go to https://www.visitgrandforks.com/resources.
Always feel free to contact our knowledgeable staff for additional information and assistance. Give the CVB a call at 701-746-0444 and you will be directed to just the right person who can guide you toward making your event Simply Grand!