Fun for a kid…and a kid at heart
“There’s nothing to do.” Have you recently heard those four words that every parent and babysitter dreads? If so, there’s no need to worry. Greater Grand Forks has you covered, with lots of options to entertain kids. Oh, and adults will like ‘em too!
For outdoor fun, journey to Sherlock Forest Playground in East Grand Forks for a little monkey(bar)ing around. Maybe shooting a few hoops or trying your hand Frisbee golfing at Lincoln or Riverside Parks is more your thing. When you’re talking fall, of course you need to know Jack, O’ Lantern that is! Located a short 20 minute drive west of Grand Forks, in Emerado, ND, is Nelson’s Pumpkin Patch. It features both a straw and corn maze, haunted house, hayrides, farm animal petting zoo, games, concessions and more.
It’s a cold day outside? No problem; just head inside! The Canad Inns Destination Center features a tropical themed water park and mega arcade for both guests and non-guests. Likewise, the new Choice Health & Fitness facility offers an amazing water park and pool area, in addition to topnotch workout equipment and classes. Pay a visit to the rock climbing wall located in the Grand Cities Mall or stop by Circus Arcade and the soft play area at Columbia Mall. First Season Community Center has indoor playground equipment and other fun things to occupy the day, while kids can jump for joy at Northern Air Family Fun Center complete with a trampoline park and inflatables. If mini golf is more your thing, the newly opened Zar’s Fun Center is the perfect place to putt the day away. Maybe your girl or boy wants to be the next Monique Lamoureaux or Zach Parise? The amazing Ralph Engelstad Arena, home to University of North Dakota Women’s and Men’s Hockey, offers weekday guided tours at 1:30 p.m. that will take your future Olympic stars throughout the entire $100+ million, 400,000 square-foot facility. The whole family will want to explore the Cabela’s store in East Grand Forks. It features a 10,000 gallon aquarium filled with indigenous fish, a trout stream and many wild game mounts.
- Basketball & Frisbee Golf Areas: Grand Forks Park District, 701-746-2750
- Canad Inns Destination Center: 1000 S 42nd St, 701-772-8404
- Choice Health & Fitness: 4401 S 11th St, 701-746-2790
- Columbia Mall: 2800 S Columbia Rd, 701-746-7383
- First Season Community Center: 1122 7th Ave S, 701-746-2763
- Nelson’s Pumpkin Patch: 2448 20th Ave NE, 701-610-9564
- Northern Air Family Fun Center: 1600 32nd Ave S, 701-772-8404
- Northern Heights Rock Climbing Gym: 1726 S Washington St, 701-795-5085
- Ralph Engelstad Arena: 1 Ralph Engelstad Arena Dr, 701-777-4167
- Sherlock Forest Playground: 500 Block & 4th Ave NW, 218-773-8000
- Zar’s Fun Center: 715 S Washington St, 701-757-4104
Whether it’s just out your back door or at one of the biggest arenas in the region, Grand Forks and East Grand Forks give you plenty of options when trying to keep the little ones busy! For more information on these and many other activities and events, simply log on to www.visitgrandforks.com.