Play up Downtown
Besides being one of the most charming buildings in Greater Grand Forks, the historic Fire Hall Theatre has become a downtown hot spot for great live performing art. Home to the Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre Company (GGFCT), this talented troop’s 70th Season of shows is nothing less than stellar! With everything from youthful musicals to ageless dramas, their upcoming productions will have you laughing, crying and up on your feet, giving a standing ovation.
As proof of its diversity, peruse the GGFCT 2017-18 schedule:
- September 28-30, 2017 – “The Charitable Sisterhood of the Second Trinity Victory Church” –> Thelma & Louise meets the Church Basement Ladies in Bo Wilson’s popular comedic play.
- November 3-5 & 10-12, 2017 – “Disney’s High School Musical” –> This story of teen angst has been artfully adapted from the popular television movie.
- December 7-10, 2017 – “A Christmas Carol: The Radio Play” –> One of the most iconic holiday films ever gets performed in its original format.
- February 1-4, 8-11 & 15-17, 2018 – “Over the River and Through the Woods” –> When a single, Italian-American son/grandson from New Jersey decides to pursue his dream job out of state, the news doesn’t sit so well with his family.
- March 15-18, 22-25 & 29-31, 2018 – “Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None” –> Ten strangers are summoned to a remote island, with all them having a wicked past they’re unwilling to reveal and a secret that will seal their fate…for each has been marked for murder.
- May 11-13 & 18-20, 2018 – “Fiddler on the Roof” –> This legendary musical, set in 1905 Imperial Russia, has touched audiences worldwide with its humor, warmth and honesty.
For further details on these events and information on purchasing tickets, go to http://www.ggfct.com/.
While in our popular Downtown District, you might as well make a night of it by checking out the terrific dining and nightclub scene. Some of the local favorites include The Toasted Frog, Sky’s, Rhombus Guys, Joe Black’s, Brick & Barley, The Loft, Level 10, Blue Moose Bar & Grill and Up North Pizza Pub.
More information on these and all Greater Grand Forks restaurants and bars may be found on the Dining sections of www.visitgrandforks.com and the Grand Forks App (available at Google Play or the App Store).