SimplyGrand Shows Worth Standing O’s
Wanna take a trip to the Great White Way without ever leaving Greater Grand Forks? Since 1972, the Chester Fritz Auditorium stage has hosted numerous legendary performances. With upcoming events ranging from Broadway to Beethoven and Christmas bells to steel drums, The Fritz’s current schedule is sure to please a wide variety of tastes, as well.
At just over 2,300 seats, Chester Fritz is the perfect size to host musical theater and intimate concerts. Its top notch sound system, renowned acoustics and auditorium layout are such that it makes you feel at one with the production.
Experience a little of the auditorium’s great history by strolling down the halls lined with autographed pictures of past performers, just some of whom include Jerry Seinfeld, Kenny Rogers, John Mellencamp, Jewel, Gordon Lightfoot and Bette Midler. When you’re in the lobby, make sure to look up and enjoy the iconic beauty of the Starcher Chandelier. Custom made in Italy, it is lighted by approximately 30 lamps and blends 5,550 lead crystal beads, prisms and tear drops.
Whether it’s a family outing or date night out, Chester Fritz Auditorium has been the place to go for over 40 years. And no matter what show (or shows) you choose, it’s guaranteed to be a performance worthy of a standing ovation.
- September 18 & 19, 2017, 7:30 PM – “Kinky Boots: The Musical”
- October 3, 2017, 7 PM – The Maze
- October 10, 2017, 8 PM – UND Wind Ensemble & University Band
- November 6, 2017, 8 PM – UND Steel Pan Ensemble
- November 9, 2017, 7:30 PM – Decades Rewind
- November 19, 2017, 3 PM – Grand Cities Children’s Choir
- November 24, 2017, 7 PM – Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker
- November 28, 2017, 8 PM – UND Wind Ensemble
- December 2, 2017, 2 PM – Winter wUNDerland Concert
- December 9, 2017, 6 PM – Dance etc! Holiday Showcase
- December 16, 2017, 3 PM – Lorie Line & Her Pop Chamber Orchestra: King of Kings
- February 8, 2018, 8 PM – The Price Is Right LIVE
- March 6, 2018, 8 PM – UND Wind Ensemble & University Band
- April 24, 2018, 8 PM – UND Wind Ensemble
- June 7, 2018, 7 PM – Celtic Woman
Tickets for all events are available at the Chester Fritz Box Office or online at www.ticketmaster.com. For additional information, including new events that may be added, please call 701-777-4090 or visit www.cfa.und.edu.