SimplyGrand ways to romance your valentine
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. Don’t have any plans yet with your significant other? Well then, you best read on! Luckily, Greater Grand Forks has lots of great date options and here are my Top 5:
- ON THE BOARDWALK. Drive your date to the East Side for a flick and some food. Start out the evening with an early showing of the critically acclaimed romantic musical, “La La Land” at River Cinema 15. Afterward, journey across the street to Blue Moose. Located on the popular Boardwalk dining district, it’s the perfect spot for a juicylicious burger, some sweet ‘n’ sassy Norwegian barbecue ribs or comfort food at its finest: homemade chicken pot pie. Quench your thirst with a choice of close to fifty brews of beer in their Back Forty Bar.
- UPSCALE DOWNTOWN. The Toasted Frog is the best place around to get pickled. By that, I mean their martinis and deep-fried cheesy pickles will make your head spin. Then stroll hand-in-hand down the block to Sky’s for a 5-star dinner with your 5-star sweetie that includes champagne cocktails, jumbo lump crab cakes, filet mignon with peppercorn sauce and a chocolate espresso ice cream cake drizzled with hot fudge sauce.
- COLD HANDS WARM HEART. Your Rockefeller Center-ish day begins with a twirl or two through the Town Square outdoor ice rink. The venue may be cool but freshly brewed coffee or hot chocolate from right across the street, at The Ember, will quickly warm you both up. Peruse through some of our unique downtown shops and art galleries…maybe even stop by Signature Jewelers or Badman Design and see if there may be a ring (or some other form of bling) that sparks an interest. For dinner, tenderly stroke her/his hand over the mouth-watering tenderloin with beurre rouge sauce at Helix Wine & Bites. With their extensive wine list, you’re sure to find a vino perfectly suited to both your tastes.
- CANOODLE OVER NOODLES. Giuseppe’s, located in a quaint Downtown historic building, offers a romantic atmosphere similar to that of traditional Italian ristorantes. Just some of the divine dishes to try are the seafood linguine, veal marsala, balsamic chicken, five-cheese ravioli and house made meatballs covered in a marvelous marinara sauce. Of course, dessert is a must and holy cannoli are theirs good!
- ROOM WITH A VIEW. If you really wanna woo your boo, rent one of the theme-suites or even the penthouse at Canad Inns. Go Green and share the University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks room with your [team]mate or perhaps a tropical getaway in the South Seas suite is more to your liking. Since all of them have Jacuzzis, you’ll probably prefer to just order up room service from one of Canad Inns’ three restaurants so you can dine while you dip.