What’s up this weekend (9.4.15)
We kick off September with the Uff Da Mud Run on Saturday, obstacle racing Extreme North Dakota style. Your hosts, Ole and Lena invite you to participate in an extremely fun and challenging 5K course that will encompass roughly 20 obstacles as it winds its way along the Greenway in Greater Grand Forks.
- Solo adult, male or female
- Solo youth (13-17 years)
- Solo adult ELITE with cash prizes
- Family (one adult and up to two kids 6-12 years)
Get registered today at http://endracing.com/uff-da!
Other events taking place include:
- Friday Night Races at River Cities Speedway – Every Friday beginning in April and running through mid-September River Cities Speedway, recently named No. 1 in the country for sprint car racing by PennLive.com, is alive with premier racing. Outlaw Sprints, Late Models, Midwest Modifieds and Street Stocks all vye for the checkered flag. Hot laps start at 6 p.m. with the races kicking off at 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the gate or in advance ($3 discount on adult tickets) at Home of Economy, StaMart, University Station, El Roco Bottle Shop, Gateway Cenex or Northdale Oil. Discounts are available for military personnel and students.
- Live music at Shotgun Sally’s – If you are 21 and older, you are invited to rock out at Shotgun Sally’s with Highway 55 Friday night.
- Farmers’ Market at Town Square – This is the region’s premier summer outdoor market with fresh produce, home baked goods (try the carrot cake bars), handmade crafts, jewelry and entertainment. The market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Saturday through late September.
- Music in the Park – Enjoy and afternoon (3-5 p.m.) of great bluegrass music in the great outdoors. Seating is available and you are welcome to bring your own lawn chair and/or blanket. There are also kids’ games. This event takes place in Sherlock Campground (Red River State Recreation Area – across from the playground). Admission is FREE but a permit is required on all vehicles entering the park.
Need more information or want to know what is going on the rest of September? Head over to our online calendar of events for Greater Grand Forks’ most comprehensive calendar.