Where Broadway and DeMers intersect
Besides being one of the most uniquely beautiful buildings in Greater Grand Forks, the historic Empire Arts Center has become a downtown hub of great live entertainment. Home to the Empire Theatre Company, this talented troop’s Season Five slate of shows is nothing less than stellar! With everything from hilarious musicals to impactful dramas, their upcoming productions will have you laughing, crying and up on your feet, giving a standing ovation!
As proof of its diversity, just take a look at the Empire Theatre Company’s 2016-17 schedule:
- August 9-13 & 16-20, 7:30 PM – “Hairspray” (Tony Awarding winning musical comedy centering on the integration of a 60s teen dance TV show.)
- October 13-15 & 20-22, 7:30 PM – “Constellations” (Drama examining how the tiniest change in the details of our lives can lead us on completely different paths. For mature audiences.)
- November 25-27 & December 1-4, 7:30 PM /Sundays at 2 PM – “A Christmas Story: The Musical” (Classic comedic tale that follows the escapades of 9-year-old Ralphie and his offbeat family.)
- March 9-11 & 16-18, 7:30 PM – “Peter & the Starcatcher” (Tony Award winning musical that takes a hilarious romp through Neverland and answers the question: How did Peter Pan become the boy who never grew up?)
- April 20-22 & 27-29, 7:30 PM – “Blackbird” (Deeply complex portrayal of two people, a middle-aged man and a young woman, whose ruined lives are inextricably intertwined. For mature audiences.)
For further details on these events and information on purchasing tickets, go to www.empireartscenter.com.
While you’re in our trendy Downtown District, you should definitely check out the terrific dining and nightclub scene! Some of the local favorites include Sky’s, Toasted Frog, Rhombus Guys, Joe Black’s, Level 10, The Loft, Blue Moose Bar & Grill and Whitey’s. More information on these and all Greater Grand Forks restaurants and bars may be found on the Dining and To Do sections of www.visitgrandforks.com.