Ideas for a SimplyGrand Mother’s Day
Mom loved and raised you…time to raise the bar and show her just how much you appreciate and love her back! This Sunday, May 14, is Mother’s Day and the perfect chance to express your feelings. In case you forgot or haven’t figured out yet what to get her, here are just a half dozen suggestions:
- One can never go wrong with dinner and a movie. Take her to a special Mother’s Day Brunch at Hilton’s Garden Café, Ground Round, Eagle’s Crest Grill or Aroma Café at Ramada. Follow that with a matinee of the popular new Amy Schumer-Goldie Hawn mother-daughter flick, “Snatched”, at River Cinema 15 or AMC Classic 10 Theater.
- A bouquet is ok but how about putting a new spin on it? Escort mom to All Season’s Garden Center, tour her through the amazing greenhouse and then let her pick out a planter or two for her garden or patio.
- Is mom an 80s rocker babe, by chance? A gift certificate from Darkside Tattoo plus tickets to the Poison concert, May 27, at Alerus Center, would be “nothin’ but a good time” for her.
- She put Pampers on you as a baby; so, pamper her with a mani and/or pedicure from Star Nails, Get Polished or one of the other great salons in town.
- Sweets for the sweet. Pick up some Chippers (chocolate covered potato chips) or any of the other candy delicacies at Widman’s. If she prefers her desserts in pastry form, the new downtown bakery, Paola’s, makes some of the best cupcakes, scones, muffins and more in town.
- If mom’s a fitness guru, join her for a day of fun ‘n’ fitness at Choice Wellness Center. Purchase a day pass and the two of you can get your cardio on with a Spin, Step or Zumba class. Relax afterward with a massage at the Truyu Aesthetic Center located on the premises.
For those of you who are moms, thanks so much for all you do every single day of the year! HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY from the Greater Grand Forks Convention & Visitors Bureau!!