WELCOME TO THE NCHC FROZEN FACEOFF FAN PAGE! BELOW ARE LODGING DETAILS, DINING OPTIONS AND OTHER IMPORTANT TIPS.
NCHC 2021 FROZEN FACEOFF TOURNAMENT TICKET PACKAGES AVAILABLE HERE
- Jimmy John’s: WEBSITE | 701-775-5400 | Cold sandwiches prepared on fresh baked bread.
- Scotty’s Deli & Catering: WEBSITE | 701-757-0965 | Must try the deluxe beef tips & toast, baby red potatoes with cream sauce or the lavosh. | Delivery on large/catering orders only.
- Smiling Moose Rocky Mountain Deli: WEBSITE | 701-757-3354 | Uniquely delicious hot and cold sandwiches, along with some of the best fresh baked cookies around. | Delivery on large/catering orders only.
BAR & GRILL
- Eagle’s Crest Grill: WEBSITE | 701-787-3491 | Must try items include the loaded potato skins, pepperoni lavosh or walleye tacos. | Delivery on large/catering orders only.
- Ground Round Grill & Bar: WEBSITE, 701-775-4646 | Juicy chargrilled burgers and spicy Buffalo wings plus steak, ribs, pasta, pizza, stir fry, fajitas, sandwiches and salads all accompanied by a box of fresh buttery popcorn.
- Mike’s Pizza: WEBSITE | 218-773-2479 | Popular Eastside eatery offering ribs, broasted chicken, shrimp, burgers, sandwiches and New York style pan pizza.
- Rhombus Guys: WEBSITE | 701-787-7317 | Rhombus is famous for their gourmet pies with toppings that range from the usual suspects to the more avant-garde.
- China Garden: 701-772-0660 | Greater Grand Forks' longest-standing Chinese restaurant serving such mouthwatering dishes as hot pepper shrimp, sweet & sour chicken, beef lo mein, moo shu pork and vegetable fried rice.
- Italian Moon Pizza & Mexican Food: WEBSITE| 701-772-7277 | For over 40 years, this popular locally owned eatery has been serving up their famous hand-tossed pizza plus beef queso, burritos, pasta, barbecue ribs, broasted chicken and more.
- The Red Pepper: WEBSITE | 701-775-9671 | Serving their famous Grinder subs (salami, turkey or ham, Swiss cheese, lettuce, hot sauce and taco meat that’s topped off with a secret creamy white sauce) plus tasty Mexican food.
- Boss’ Chicken & Pizza: WEBSITE, 701-757-2677
- Deek’s Pizza: WEBSITE, 701-772-3335
- Happy Joe’s Pizza: WEBSITE, 701-772-6655
- Luigi’s Pizza: WEBSITE, 218-773-3036
- Marco’s Pizza: WEBSITE, 701-772-4000
- Pete’s Za: WEBSITE, 701-757-0896
- Popolino’s Pizza: WEBSITE, 701-746-7677
- SlapShot Pizza & Fat Albert’s Subs: WEBSITE, 701-746-4771
DINING: LOCAL FAVORITES
THE BLUE MOOSE BAR & GRILL
- 507 2nd Street NW, East Grand Forks, MN
- Surrounded by knotty pine and neon, this casual yet eclectic eatery has a vibe perfect for all occasions. Along with The Moose’s signature Bourbon Street pasta, Norwegian barbecue ribs and PBEB (peanut butter, fried egg and bacon) burger, other popular menu items include the fried walleye sandwich, smothered chicken and flat iron steak. They also have a large tapas menu with an array of tasty small plates including cowboy nachos, spinach queso and stuffed mushrooms.
BONZER'S SANDWICH PUB
- 420 DeMers Ave, Grand Forks, ND
- Located in the heart of Downtown, this Grand Forks mainstay has been serving up delicious homemade chili, sandwiches, nacho platters and cocktails (including their famous frosty Schooners of beer) for decades. 21+
BRICK & BARLEY
- 9 North 3rd Street, Grand Forks
- With 48 beers on tap, Bricks is a great place to grab a brew or two while enjoying one of their mouthwatering burgers, pizzas, pasta dishes and the best stuffed cookies in the country. They also offer live gaming, pool and darts, along with karaoke and trivia nights. 21+
BULLY BREW COFFEE
- 321 DeMers Ave, East Grand Forks, MN
- 2100 South Columbia Road, Grand Forks, ND
- 4571 South Washington Street, Grand Forks
- This Grand Forks original is the only place in town that actually roasts their own beans. Ranging from light to dark, top blends include Uff Da, Cowboy and Mocha Java. Enjoy a cup at any of three locations or since they can bag it to-go, y’all can brew a pot at home anytime. Make sure to also try one of the scrumptious caramel rolls, scones or sandwiches made inhouse daily.
- 1015 North Washington Street, Grand Forks, ND
- Ask any local, including Food Network celebrity Molly Yeh, y’all need to make a stop at Darcy’s Café! Open for breakfast and lunch, this quaint downhome diner dishes up plates filled with hearty homestyle goodness that draw in regulars from miles around. In fact, their pumpkin and cinnamon roll pancakes helped garner Darcy’s the Best Pancake House in North Dakota award. Along with flapjacks you’ll flip over, cooks here also know to so sling some tasty savory hash including stuffed omelets, melt sandwiches and turkey with all the trimmings.
- 22 South 3rd Street, Grand Forks, ND
- If you’re on the hunt for something exotically delicious, this eatery serves up the dishes. Chef Franz and his crew invite everyone to take a walk on the wild side with unique offerings such as duck gnocchi, bison sausage, fried frog legs and a camel burger so scrumptious, it’ll make hump day your favorite time of the week. Ely’s also serves up tasty tamer fare like chicken parmesan, pulled pork, filet mignon and the best Reuben in town.
GROUND ROUND BAR & GRILL
- 2800 32nd Avenue South, Grand Forks, ND
- Got a hankering for the beefiest burger on the Southside of town? Then hoof it over to the Ground Round! And if you stop by on a Tuesday, their mouth-watering between-the-buns creations are 2-for-1. This newly remodeled grill and bar also serves up delicious steak, seafood, stir fry and pasta dishes, in addition to unlimited basketfuls of hot, buttery popcorn. If you feel like getting a little saucy, dive into an order of GR’s traditional Buffalo wings or St. Louis ribs, with a Long Island tea chaser.
Half Brothers Brewing Company
- 17 North 3rd Street, Grand Forks, ND
- At Half Brothers, producing superior suds and delicious dishes is a family affair. Together, siblings Chad and Taylor have created a 10-barrel production brewery, taproom and eatery located Downtown that specializes in locally inspired hand-crafted beers and food. A few noteworthy concoctions are the Grand Forks Classic Pale Ale, Morning Squeeze IPA and any of their tart ‘n fruity Gose Sours. Some of the signature menu offerings include a 13-ounce meatball with marinara, smoked chicken wings, Spicy Hawaiian pizza and a variety of hearty sandwiches served on fresh baked bread.
- 118 N 3rd St, Grand Forks, ND
- Voted one of the nation’s top college bars, Joe also knows how to showcase sports (on numerous TVs scattered throughout) and prepare some of the tastiest food in town. In addition to live gaming, the upstairs area features pool tables, darts and pinball. 21+
- 1206 S Washington St, Grand Forks, ND
- If you’re searching for Vietnamese dishes that are royally delicious, look no further than King Pho. Along with an assortment of slurpable soups (Pho Bo and Pho Ga) they also serve delicious steamed buns, spring rolls, stir fry dishes and Banh mi: a freshly baked baguette filled with grilled chicken, pickled vegetables, cucumber, jalapenos, cilantro and spicy mayo made inhouse.
THE PARROT'S CAY TAVERN & GRILL
- 1149 36th Avenue South, Grand Forks, ND
- No need to contact a travel agent if you wanna experience some tropical heat, just head south on Washington Street…to The Parrot’s Cay! Along with numerous crazy good Cajun creations, really feel the burn with an order of spicy Shark Wings, which were included on BuzzFeed’s Top Ten Wings to Try Before You Die list. According to diehard parrotheads, nothing goes better with some Jimmy Buffet music than a pitcher of cold beer and The Cay’s Bayou Sampler complete with crawdads, grilled shrimp and fried alligator bites. 21+
THE RED PEPPER
- THE ORIGINAL: 1011 University Avenue, Grand Forks, ND
- AT CAMPUS PLACE: 415 North 42nd Street, Grand Forks, ND
- 4401 South Washington Street, Grand Forks, ND
- Word has it if you’re looking for the best grinder ever, head to The Red Pepper. What’s a grinder you ask? Take a sub bun, add salami, turkey or ham, Swiss cheese, lettuce, hot sauce, taco meat and then top it off with a secret recipe creamy white sauce. These flavor bombs are so popular, they were even dubbed Best Late Night Food in the USA by Esquire magazine.
RHOMBUS GUYS PIZZA
- 312 Kittson Avenue, Grand Forks, ND
- Dreaming about pizza with pizzazz? Rhombus Guys can make all your foodie fantasies come true. This funky three-level restaurant specializes in gourmet pies dubbed Best Pizza in the State by Business Insider. Toppings range from the usual suspects (pepperoni, sausage and peppers) to the more avant-garde (pork loin, shrimp and pickles).
RHOMBUS GUYS BREWING COMPANY
- 116 South 3rd Street, Grand Forks, ND
- Located Downtown in the legendary Metropolitan Opera House, Rhombus Guys, along with one of the state’s top brewmasters, really knows how to make iconic (blonde) ales. This 15-barrel brewhouse serves up its version of popular styles including ambers, IPAs, pales, sours and stouts. The kitchen also produces great eats like burgers, street tacos, Scotch eggs and the tastiest fried Brussels sprouts this side of Belgium. Beer, in delicious dairy form, plays a starring role in several dishes: homemade pretzels with beer cheese dip, pulled pork and beer cheese smothered pub fries and a bacon beer cheese mac that’s lip smacking good. If you’re there on a Sunday, from 11 AM to 2 PM, give Rhombus’ delish brunch dishes a try.
SKY'S CLOUD 9
- 322 DeMers Ave, Grand Forks, ND
- An evening here comes complete with a second story view of Downtown, an excellent wine cellar and exquisite cuisine like jumbo lump crab cakes, herb crusted prime rib and seared scallops finished with sweet ‘n spicy housemade Prairie Sauce. The Cloud 9 Lounge offers a more casual dining experience and less formal menu. Sunday Brunch, served from 11 AM to 2 PM, features everything from crème brulee French toast to smoked salmon eggs Benedict.
SPEEDWAY 805 BAR & GRILL
- 805 42nd Street North, Grand Forks, ND
- I feel the need…the need for Speedway 805 Grill & Bar! That’s what all the locals say when craving Speedway’s stick-to-your-ribs, pocketbook-friendly food. In addition to all the mouthwatering steak, chicken and burger creations, chefs here are known for smokin’ up the best ribs in town. They take perfectly prepared brisket or pork then lightly slather it with a housemade sweet ‘n sassy barbecue sauce. Other featured menu items include prime rib, smothered chicken and a jalapeno popper burger that’s topped with their famous Speedway Sauce. For those who enjoy adult beverages, the fishbowl cocktails here really pack a flavorful punch.
THE SPUD JR.
- 302 DeMers Avenue, East Grand Forks, MN
- If you’re looking to get your mojo back, just head to The Spud! Those who remember the legendary Shakey's Pizza will really enjoy eating these tasty fried potato wedges, affectionately known as Mojos, once again. In fact, this popular public house is serving all kinds of delicious eats and drinks dedicated to dearly beloved past local establishments including the Antique, Bronze Boot and Whitey's. Other menu must-tries include their ooey gooeylicious grilled cheese sandwiches, meaty burgers and ginormous hot dogs piled high with everything from chili and fritos to bacon and mac & cheese.
THE TOASTED FROG
- 124 North 3rd Street, Grand Forks, ND
- This trendy yet inviting restaurant and lounge boasts an extensive martini list to accompany fabulous gourmet food. Our area’s hottest chefs offer up cool culinary creations like mahi-mahi tacos, gorgonzola butter filet mignon and a game-changing elk burger adorned with fresh arugula, tomato and caramelized onion aioli. Of course, the Molly Yeh endorsed/Cooking Channel featured fried cheesy pickles are a must-order. When it comes to dessert, there’s always room for s’mores…with an espresso martini chaser. 21+
UP NORTH PIZZA PUB
- 314 4th Street NW, East Grand Forks, MN
- Italians may be the inventors but Minnesotans are the ones who perfected it. And when it comes to pies that are molto delizioso, Up North really takes the cake! While the mac & cheese, sandwiches and apps are all amazing, it’s their fabulous flatbreads that have won over numerous fans. Local favs include the Gnarly Charlie, Saucy Hen and Thatza’ Meatball.
URBAN STAMPEDE COFFEEHOUSE
- 324 Kittson Avenue, Grand Forks
- The Urban is a former fur bank turned saloon with tons of character. Check out the historic safe, tin ceiling, dark wood bar and intricate stone floor. Sip on freshly brewed coffee or tea while you peruse the World’s Smallest Art Gallery and gift shop. Friendly baristas are always willing to whip up your favorite specialty drink or plate up a freshly made bagel, muffin, cookie or sandwich.
- 1970 South Columbia Road, Grand Forks, ND
- What do you get when you mix tasty tacos and tequila cocktails with classic tunes being spun on a record player? One simply grande dining experience in Forks! All the food here is made fresh including their tortilla chips, salsas and “holy moly that’s good” guacamole. Instead of hard shells, Vinyl Taco’s street variety come with your choice of corn or flour tortillas and are filled with everything from chicken tinga, carne asada and crispy fish to chipotle slaw, queso fresco and fried capers.
THE CHIPPER FROM WIDMAN'S CANDY
What happens when you take a rippled potato chip and hand-dip it in creamy homemade chocolate? Known around the world as Chippers, these slightly salty and perfectly sweet treats were once even featured on “The Tonight Show”.
SPEEDWAY SAUCE FROM SPEEDWAY 805 BAR & GRILL
This zesty-meets-sweet, delectable culinary concoction jazzes up everything you dip it in or put it on.
REAL GOOD COOKIES FROM BBRICK & BARLEY
Have a monster appetite for cookies that are hugely delicious? Then order up a dozen of Brick & Barley’s made from scratch Salted Bittersweet Chocolate ones or get a little crazy and try their gourmet stuffed cookies filled with everything from fruit to nuts, even candy bars!
BULLY BREW COFFEE
Not only does this popular coffeehouse brew up lots of tasty drinks, they take pride in being Forks’ official coffee roaster. Be sure to bag some of these cool beans before heading out.
GRINDER KITS FROM THE RED PEPPER
Topped with their secret recipe red and white sauces, the sandwiches at this legendary Forks restaurant are so addictively delicious, owners just had to figure out a way to help loyal patrons all over the country get their Grinder fix.