Harvest the fun in Greater Grand Forks
Autumn is here but no need to fear…you’re sure to fall in love with all the spooktacular happenings in Greater Grand Forks. Since Halloween is only a few weeks away, time to get pumpkin’d up and experience one a-maze-ing time with the whole family!
Located just west of Grand Forks, Nelson’s Pumpkin Patch is a mere 20-mile drive to one great time. Some of the cool to-dos are a preschool straw maze, 11-acre corn maze, hayrides, farm animal petting zoo, Jack O’Lantern bounce house, games, concessions and much more. And if you’re feeling brave, the Gruesome Canary Haunted House is wicked good! Nelson’s is open through October 29, from 3 to 6 PM during the week and 11 AM to 6 PM on weekends. Their address is: 2448 20th Avenue NE, Emerado, ND. Simply take the Grand Forks Air Force Base exit off Highway 2, then go 1½ miles north + a ¼ mile east and look for the BIG PUMPKIN. More information may be found at www.nelsonspumpkinpatch.com.
Bring the whole family out for a day of fun ‘n’ games at Valley Corn Maize! In addition to the 10-Acre Corn Maze and Kids Straw Maze, other attractions include a giant corn box, straw climbing pyramid for children and adults, corn cannons and a grain-train to ride on. They also sell snacks and beverages. Valley is open through October 22, every Friday-Sunday (4 to 7 PM/10 AM to 7 PM/1 to 6 PM). Some of their special events held throughout the season are Canines in the Corn on October 8, Hometown Heroes Weekend, October 13-15 and Flashlight Dash Night on October 22. Valley Corn Maize is located 5 ½ miles east of East Grand Forks, just off the Hwy 2 curve. Click on www.valleycornmaize.com for further info.
Other SimplyGrand ghoulish goings-on this October:
- Legends of Terror Haunted House – October 20 & 21, 8 PM to Midnight, Myra Museum
- Black Cat Family Fun Bash – October 24, 5:30 to 7:30 PM, First Season Community Center
- “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” – October 27, 28 & 31, 11:59 PM, Empire Arts Center
- Jingle Bell Run: Halloween Edition – October 28, 8 AM, Choice Health & Fitness
- Haunted Heritage Village – October 28, 11 AM to 2 PM, EGF Heritage Village
- Half Pint Haunt – October 29, 1 to 4 PM, Myra Museum
- Trunk or Treat – October 31, 4 to 7 PM, Thrive Community Church
- Trunk or Treat – October 31, 6 to 8 PM, University Lutheran Church
If you’d like additional information on any of these activities, along with other awesome attractions and events, check out our website at www.visitgrandforks.com or download the Grand Forks App from Google Play or the App Store.