Whitey's Underground

A local icon dating from the 1930's prohibition era has returned to downtown East Grand Forks, Minnesota.

Edwin "Whitey" Larson first started serving bootleg liquor and Coney Island hot dogs in East Grand Forks, MN, in 1925. Visit us today and take in a taste of East Grand Forks' colorful past. Now known as Whitey's Underground, this speakeasy is home to the original 1930's bar furnishings.

At this time, Whitey's Underground is open for private event functions.

  • Accessible
  • Catering On-Site
  • Parking Available

Contact Information

121 DeMers Avenue
East Grand Forks, Minnesota 56721
Phone: 218-773-1831